City Catering is our in-house caterer, the fully-trained staff supply tasty homemade meals to more than 18,000 children daily, encouraging them to choose a balanced meal. Their menus meet legislation for school food standards, while giving the best possible choice. City Catering holds the Food for Life Silver Catering Award. Achieving the award is recognition that the meals we provide are healthy, nutritious, and at least 75 per cent home cooked. City Catering’s menus contains more than 90 per cent home-cooked dishes. There are many other criteria which they have successfully met in achieving this award. Their meat is Farm Assured, organic, eggs are free range and fish is from sustainable stock.
Our meals are good quality, healthy and ethically sourced – customers don’t have to take our word for it, they can now see what we have achieved with this nationally recognised quality standard.
City Catering spends more than the Government recommends on our ingredients, giving your child better value on the plate.
- They make homemade dishes daily
- Their recipes have reduced fat, sugar and salt content
- They provide a selection of fruit and vegetables daily
- Many items on their menus are oven baked rather than fried
- They provide water, milk, milkshake and pure fruit juice daily
- Available daily as an addition to the meal is fresh bread and a selection of salad items
- Menu’s can be adapted for children who suffer with food allergies
Primary meal prices – a school meal consists of a main meal, dessert and a drink.
We currently charge £2.50p per day for KS2 children and £2.10 per day for Nursery children.
Universal infant free school meals
Children in reception, year one or year two are entitled to a free school meal every day. Don’t miss out.
Parents and children can choose their main meal and order online using the school money website. Please do be aware that meals must be ordered before 12 midnight the evening before. Speak to the school office for instructions on how to order online or to request you log in details and password.
Free school meals
Please note that all enquires are confidential. You are entitled to free school meals for your family if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker Allowance
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit, (from 30th April 2005)
- Universal Credit (if you apply on or after 1/4/18 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any Benefits you get)
- If you are an asylum seeker supported by the UKBA under Part VI if the Nationality and Asylum Act 1999.